Systems M.S. Admissions
Deadline for Fall - June 15
Deadline for Spring - November 1
Statement of purpose
- A one or two page statement stating your reasons for undertaking graduate work, as well as an explanation of your academic interests, including their relation to your undergraduate study, plans for future study, and professional goals.
Unofficial transcripts from each college or university previously attended.
- Please note that there are only up to three fields for listing schools attended. If you attended more than three colleges or universities, you must upload the oldest of these transcripts in the writing sample portion of the application.
- If you have appropriate supplemental documents such as an undergraduate research paper, resume, awards, etc., upload them in the writing sample portion of the application.
Three letters of recommendation
- Additional ones are allowed.
- Recommenders may submit their letters online. Once an application is submitted, recommenders receive an automated email soliciting their letter (you will be prompted to provide their contact information before you submit your application).
- Recommenders may also submit hard copies to the Systems office.
Official GRE general test scores
- The GRE requirement is waived for AY 2020-21.
Official TOEFL scores
- TOEFL is required from international applicants, unless they have previously studied for at least four years in an English-speaking country.
- We require minimum scores for each section plus a minimum cumulative score:
- Writing – 25
- Listening – 25
- Reading – 25
- Speaking – 22
- For further information on this requirement as well as exemptions, please visit the Graduate School website.