Cornell and BAE Systems
Welcome BAE Systems employees!
Cornell University has partnered with BAE Systems to provide a Master of Engineering in Systems Engineering through online study.
Why Systems Engineering?
Systems Engineering is an interdisciplinary approach and means to enable the realization of successful systems. It focuses on defining customer needs and required functionality early in the development cycle, documenting requirements, then proceeding with design synthesis and system validation while considering [the complete life-cycle problem]. Systems Engineering integrates all the disciplines and specialty groups into a team effort forming a structured development process that proceeds from concept to production to operation. Systems Engineering considers both the business and the technical needs of all customers with the goal of providing a quality product that meets the user needs.
- Cornell’s distance learning (DL) students earn the same degree and engage in the same courses as on campus students.
- You can earn Six Sigma Blackbelt certification in one course automatically while completing the degree.
- Two one-week on campus summer immersion courses allow for BAE systems employees to meet students in your cohort from companies such as Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Booz Allen Hamilton, Cisco, and more.
- The 6 credits project requirement, as well as projects or group work within courses, naturally encourages interaction and networking with traditional on campus students as well as other DL students.
- All Cornell DL students are full-time working professionals just like you, so you can build your professional network at the same time.
- Complete the degree at a pace that works for you.
- The degree requires 30 credits of instruction and consists of core and elective courses as well as a 6-credit project.
- Two one-week on-campus modules allows for face-to-face contact with other industry professionals in your cohort, opportunity to meet your professors, and complete a significant design challenge all while simultaneously attending the systems leadership laboratory.
- Visit our degree requirement page for more information.
- Waive GRE
- 1 Letter of Recommendation
- Application Fee Waiver Code is available through departmental request
- Reduced tuition for TDC Courses
How do I apply?
Visit the Cornell Graduate School website to apply today.
Systems Engineering Distance Learning
Interested in earning an Ivy League Master's degree in Systems Engineering? See what our students have to say about Cornell's Distance Learning degree.