Cornell and Booz Allen Hamilton
|Deadlines:||April 1, 2015 financial aid consideration
June 1, 2015 general application
(Link will be live once schedule is finalized)
Welcome Booz Allen Hamilton employees!
Cornell University has partnered with Booz Allen to provide a Master of Engineering in Systems Engineering through online study.
Why Systems Engineering?
Systems Engineering is an interdisciplinary approach and means to enable the realization of successful systems. It focuses on defining customer needs and required functionality early in the development cycle, documenting requirements, then proceeding with design synthesis and system validation while considering [the complete life-cycle problem]. Systems Engineering integrates all the disciplines and specialty groups into a team effort forming a structured development process that proceeds from concept to production to operation. Systems Engineering considers both the business and the technical needs of all customers with the goal of providing a quality product that meets the user needs.[Definition of the International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE)]
- Cornell’s distance learning (DL) students earn the same degree and engage in the same courses as on campus students.
- You can earn Six Sigma Blackbelt certification in one course automatically while completing the degree.
- One week on campus summer emersion courses allow for Booz Allen employees to meet students in your cohort from companies such as Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Cisco, BAE Systems and more.
- The 6 cr project requirement, as well as projects or group work within courses, naturally encourages interaction and networking with traditional on campus students as well as other DL students.
- All Cornell DL students are full-time working professionals just like you, so you can build your professional network at the same time.
- Complete the degree at a pace that works for you.
The degree requires 30 credits of instruction and consists of core and elective courses as well as a 6-credit project. Two one-week on-campus modules allows for face-to-face contact with other industry professionals in your cohort, opportunity to meet your professors, and complete a significant design challenge all while simultaneously attending the systems leadership laboratory. Visit http://www.systemseng.cornell.edu/se/academics/meng_distance/index.cfm for more information.
Currently tuition for Booz Allen employees is $1,693 per credit for the 2013-2014 academic year (this is a 10% discount over Cornell’s standard Masters of Engineering distance learning tuition.). Please visit Finance.bah.com to learn about how to access the firm’s Tuition Certification and Reimbursement benefits. Other questions can be directed to your dedicated representative: Michelle Steigerwald, (607) 255-4756, firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Merit-based scholarships are available for employees who apply for admission prior to April 1.
How do I apply?
Visit http://www.gradschool.cornell.edu/admissions/applying/apply-now to apply today.