Cornell Cup Resources & Embedded Systems Innovation Areas of Rapid Growth
ITHACA, N.Y.—Use your current course project or capstone project to win $10,000 at the Cornell Cup USA presented by Intel in Walt Disney World! This innovative embedded design competition is open to all undergrad and masters engineering and computer science students from colleges in the USA, including international students. The competition is designed to help heighten your professional design skills while utilizing the powerful (and free!) Intel Atom boards and other resources awarded to all finalists such as:
- Intel Premier Services technical support
- MathWorks MatLab software
- Altera Cyclone IV FPGAs
- Meetings with Intel experts
- Access to Cornell Systems Engineering online Q&As
- Project Mid-Reviews with experts in the embedded design space
- Over $1500
- 3-night stay at the Hilton of Walt Disney World
- And more!
Additionally, you are also eligible to compete for a Media Award to help get your work even further recognition and you may optionally compete for the Entrepreneurship Award that could help you pitch your invention to venture capitalists. All rules and judging criteria are available on the project website - www.systemseng.cornell.edu/intel/.
And you can also find there valuable design guides and a timeline of important dates including online Q&As with co-founder David R. Schneider for you to ask questions about the competition. To help you with your brainstorming, here are some of the most rapidly growing areas of embedded systems innovation:
- DSS: Digital Surveillance and Security
- Health & Medical Devices
- MAG: Military & Aerospace Applications
- Retail: Retail Transaction & Retail Visuals
- Automotive & Transportation: Including In-Vehicle Infotainment and Autonomous Vehicles
- Smart Manufacturing with an Industrial Focus
- Imaging: Printers/Scanners, Medical Imaging, Vision Processing
- Entertainment: (surprisingly even Casino and Karaoke machines)
Innovative ideas in any other areas are always welcome to apply, too, but applications are due for their blind review on October 17. So get your team of 3-5 students and at least one advisor together today for the chance to gain meaningful support and the opportunity to showcase your talents on an exciting and prestigious national stage through the Cornell Cup USA presented by Intel.
Any company or organization interested in becoming a sponsor is encouraged to send an email to email@example.com.