Systems Ph.D. Visit Days
All Fall 2018 Admitted Students are Invited to Attend
|When:||Thursday, March 15 - Saturday, March 17|
|What:||Get a chance to meet current students and other students accepted to our program.
Learn more about our Systems field faculty and the academic opportunities we offer.
Schedule (subject to change):
Download schedule here
|6:30 pm||Welcome reception with current Ph.D. students
Ithaca Ale House
|8:30-9:15 am||Breakfast/Meet & Greet
|9:30-11:00 am||Faculty Talks
|11:10-11:45 am||Individual faculty meetings|
|11:45 am-12:15 pm||Lunch with current Ph.D. students
|12:15-1:15 pm||Systems Seminar/Ezra's Round Table
Speaker: Eran Ben-Joseph (MIT)
|1:40-3:00 pm||Tours of individual faculty research groups|
|3:15-5:00 pm||Reception with Ph.D. research groups
Taverna Banfi Restaurant, Statler Hotel
|7:00-9:30 pm||After hours socializing
Ithaca Beer Company
Monk's Restaurant, Marriott Hotel
What Do I Need to Do ?
- Make your travel arrangements to and from Ithaca, New York
- Visit our website and review the links under Travel Resources beneath the Preparing for Your Visit header for information on air and bus travel options around Ithaca.
- The Ithaca/Tompkins Regional Airport is located conveniently in town, and the Syracuse Hancock International Airport is approximately 60 miles north of Cornell (estimated driving time of 1.5 hours to Ithaca).
- Bus service is available via commercial carriers as well as our Campus-to-Campus bus line that runs between Ithaca and NYC.
- Please note that your meals and your lodging will be reserved and paid for by Systems, as well as ground transportation to and from all scheduled events.
- Complete our survey to confirm your attendance at Visit Days!
- Request reimbursement for your travel expenses
- Reasonable travel expenses up to $450 will be reimbursed by Systems.
- Submit the Visitor Travel Reimbursement Form with original receipts. You may request to have these funds reimbursed by direct deposit with the submission of an ACH form (note: a voided check is not needed).
- International students traveling on a B1, B2 or visa waiver must also submit a copy of your I-94 form.
- All reimbursement materials may be submitted to our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.