- All the core courses must be satisfactorily completed.
- At least one course (3 credits) from the Modeling and Analysis electives group must be completed.
- At least one course (3 credits) from the Applications electives group must be completed.
- No more than one course (3 credits) from the Management group may be used.
- A minimum of 30 credit hours are required.
- The entire selection of courses for the degree must be approved by the student's advisor. Other courses could be accepted as electives if approved by the Director of Graduate Studies.
- You must receive a letter grade for all courses applied toward your degree.
The following courses are required for the M.Eng. degree in Systems Engineering.
|Total credits for required courses||17-19|
|SYSEN 5100||Model Based Systems Engineering||4 credits|
|SYSEN 5200||System Analysis Behavior and Optimization||3 credits|
|SYSEN 5900||Systems Engineering Project||6-8 credits|
|CEE 5900||Project Management||4 credits|
Since a minimum of 30 credits are required for the M.Eng. degree, 12 to 14 credits of pre-approved electives will be needed. Other courses which have systems content can be approved with permission of the Director of Graduate Studies. The electives are grouped into the following categories with the restrictions described:
|Core||All core courses are required.|
|Modeling and Analysis||At least one, 3-4 credit course must be taken from this group.|
|Applications||At least one, 3-4 credit course must be taken from this group.|
|Management||No more than one course may be taken from this group.|
Your advisor must approve the electives you select from the pre-approved electives list to ensure a well-rounded program of study.